Saturday, 7 October 2017

SEPTEMBER TRANSACTIONS

For September, there's not much to update, as I had only executed one transaction.

Latest portfolio holdings can be found here: My Portfolio

Purchased Jumbo at $0.54, because I am positive on their move to expand into Asia. As of yesterday, Jumbo closed at $0.57, which represented a 5.6% gain. This is a long term holding as I await their expansions plans to unfold. Nonetheless, if Jumbo were to surge to an extremely high valuation, such as a price earnings ratio of above 30, I would consider selling.

More details can be found in my earlier post: Jumbo at 52-week low.

Received dividends of $0.33 per share from DBS. I was fortunate to have accumulated DBS during the market correction in late 2015, at below its net asset value. After receiving a few rounds of scrip dividends, my average price has decreased to $15. However, this time round, I did not opt to receive scrip dividends, because I felt that dividend reinvestment price of $20.88 per share was too high. The cash dividend that I received was added back into my warchest instead.

SGX went ex-dividend, distributing 13 cents per share. However, its share price did not fall ex-dividend. This was probably because of the upgrade given to SGX by Goldman Sachs, citing an improved outlook for equity and derivatives trading volume. Goldman Sachs has an $8.50 target price for SGX.


I'm still in the process of rebuilding my portfolio, and some companies on my watchlist include ComfortDelGro, SATS, SingTel, Raffles Medical and Mapletree Commercial Trust. Cash makes up 24% of my portfolio, so I am looking at 2 to 3 new additions to my holdings.


If you enjoyed reading my post, please 'like' my Facebook page to receive all the latest updates. It would also mean a lot to me if you could share my posts on Facebook. Thank you! :)



1 comment:

  1. Hi Alpaca,

    I'd love to have some shares of local bank in my portfolio as well. However, the valuation for them are pretty high right now. Wonderful entry for DBS there you've got!
    I'm also looking at adding onto CDG, MCT and Singtel into my portfolio if they comes to my target entry price :)

    ReplyDelete